HOW CAN I
BUY A CLASS ONLINE!
May 2022 group classes registration is open.
There is a new Teen Aerial class! This is for ages 13-18 on Thursdays 6:30-7:30pm
There are currently no sessions. You will need to register for each class day that you want to attend.
Each group class is $35, no discount is provided for multiple classes or days.
Registration for group classes will be handled through the Square Store.
Classes will be limited to 4 students and need at least 2 students signed up to run.
Masks are strongly encouraged during class and in the building.
There are still private lesson slots. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may self register for private lessons through the Register link above.
Monday – Kids Aerial 5:15-6:15pm
Wednesday – Adult Trapeze 5:30-6:30pm; Adult Silks 6:45-7:45pm
Thursday – Kids Aerial 4:15-5:15pm ;
Thursday – Adult Mixed Aerials 5:30-6:30pm; Teen Mixed (ages 13-18) 6:30-7:30pm
Friday – Adult Mixed Aerial 11:30am-12:30pm
Saturday – Kids Aerial 8:45-9:45am; Youth Aerial (ages 10-13) 12:30-1:30pm
Sunday – Adult Lyra 10-11am; Invite only Teen Silks 11:15am-12:15pm
The calendar on the Home Page shows what classes are canceled and what is running.
Due to the small class size any class is a great starting point for Aerial.
Where it all begins! A beginner to intermediate class that gives the essential building blocks of silks, trapeze, Lyra (hoop), and Spanish web while promoting proper alignment, technique, and confidence! All classes start with a warm-up, move into technique and finish with core work.
Ages 16 +
More than just “tricks”! We learn the theory on the beautiful locks, climbs and drops which create skillful artistry and clean lines in the air. Perfect for beginner and intermediate level. All classes start with a warm-up, move into technique and finish with core work.
Adult Lyra & Trapeze
Trapeze is the mother language of aerial, come see why! Beginner to intermediate level class with skill progressions that build upon critical foundation pieces to make beautiful art in the air on both static trapeze or Lyra (aerial hoop). All classes start with a warm-up, move into technique and finish with core work.
Kids' Intro to Aerial
A class for the budding aerialist- a taster class where we sample trapeze, Lyra (hoop), silks, Spanish web with a focus on fundamental technique, lines and of course, safety!
Flexibility & Stretching
Have goals to get a flatter split? Better pancake? Bridge? Or, maybe you just need to move your body after office-job-life? This class focuses on passive and active flexibility which translates into increased range, cleaner lines and crazy strength! Class begins with a warm up and ends with core work.
Circus Strong: Adult Aerial Conditioning
The secret to gaining quicker progress in class? Conditioning! Why? Rather than spending your class time gaining strength, you get to focus on technique. This class is designed to help you develop strength and confidence in climbing, inverting, hanging, holding through movement on aerial equipment and the ground. A great cross-training for non-aerialists or anyone who wants to get strong in a flash!
Drop ins welcome
Adult Express Aerial: Fit to Fly
A gentler, fitness-focused curriculum designed to get you strong and body aware in the air. Using a combination of aerial equipment and ground exercises to increase your confidence, strength, and range of motion. All classes start with a warm up and end with core work.
D/I Choreo Lab
For the experienced student. A chance to practice your knowledge and work on transitions. Apparatus by demand. Drop in class is limited to students that have completed at least one session of classes at Monkey Aerial Arts.
- Registration will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis and must be paid in full or a agreed-upon deposit to secure a spot in class.
- Current registration, waiver and emergency contact information must be complete before attending the first class.
- Refunds will only be issued for medical reasons or at the owners’ discretion.
- Most classes will be taught in sessions; classes that are suitable for drop-in will be noted as such (check during week of for availability).
- Private lessons can be scheduled but require a 48-hr notice to cancel.
- Make up classes will be available on a limited basis. To maintain a small class size, this will be by permission of your instructor.
- Classes are small! Enrollment is limited to 4 per class in most classes. A class may be cancelled if enrollment is less than 2 and a prorated refund will be issued.
- Students of all ages should be ready, willing and able to follow direction of their instructors.
- Safety will always be first priority in class.
- No students under the influence of alcohol or drugs (including prescription drugs) that impede good decision making will be allowed to participate in class.
- Since many classes build upon skills from the prior classes, it is important to come to class on a regular basis. The warm up is essential to safe performance in class and as a result, instructors may choose not to admit students that are more than 15 minutes late.
- Please do not come to class if you are sick or have any other communicable condition that is a hazard to your instructor or other students.
- We will try to work with you to reschedule classes instead.
Please use courtesy when taking photos or video in the studio. You should have your instructor’s permission as well as any other students in the studio. Please don't post photos or video of others on the internet or social media without their permission.
- Parents of children under 8 should stay in the space during the class.
- We cannot be responsible for watching children before or after their scheduled classes.
- We believe that circus is for everyone but if your child is disrupting the learning environment, we will communicate with you about potential solutions. If a child threatens the safety of others, they will be removed from class.
*Parents, guardians and guests
Only registered students are allowed in the main studio space. Studio B offers an opportunity to watch classes from the lounge area. Please help us keep the area neat and reasonably quiet.
*Monkey Aerial Arts believes that circus is for everyone and will not discriminate based on race, creed, gender, sexual orientation. We will also make reasonable and safe attempts to accommodate special needs persons in classes.